The Down Under Loyalty Academy
Head Start Conference and Workshop
Preserving Best Customer Relationships
The Workshop on Preserving Best Customer Relationships is an interactive, 2-day training program designed to provide an in-depth assessment of the strategic principles and best practices which govern best customer and loyalty program designs. The workshop will deliver this assessment from the perspective of both Consumer and B2B customer relationships.
Through a combination of lecture, discussion, case studies and the use of specific loyalty and retention evaluation tools, this workshop seeks to expand the participant's knowledge and understanding of the available techniques used around the world by loyalty and relationship marketing professionals. The workshop is intended for senior level marketing and loyalty program decisionmakers in both Consumer and B2B markets, including those agencies and service providers who support client loyalty programs.
When and Where
Date: August 24-25, 2017
Venue: Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
Register & Rates
$750 (plus GST)
Early bird special rate: $600 (plus GST)
applies to registrations completed by 14 July 2017
|10:40 - 11:00||Break|
|3:30 - 3:50||Break|
|5:00||Session concludes and day 1 cocktail hour|
About The Case Study
A case study of a real-world loyalty design problem is given to all registered participants prior to the start of the workshop. Advance review is requested.
Throughout each instructional module of the workshop, participants are asked to outline their design and strategies for the section being covered.
By the end of Day 2, participants will have a high-level design outline for the complete program to compare to the real-world outcome deployed.
DAY 1 - STRATEGIC AND ANALYTICAL FOUNDATIONS
PRINCIPLES OF LOYALTY MARKETING (9 - 10 AM)
- Three pillars of truth
- Is loyalty right for me? For my customers? Why?
- Identification, retention and increased yield objectives
- Exercise - Introduction to case study
BEST PRACTICES IN PROGRAM DESIGN (10 - 1130 AM WITH BREAK)
- Structural models
- Segmentation of the customer base
- Defining the value proposition
- Hard and soft benefits
- Flexible funding rates
- A spectrum of rewards
- Engagement strategies
- How to design an exit strategy
- Exercise - Design considerations for the case study
PRINCIPLES OF COMMUNICATIONS (1130AM - 1230PM)
- The relationship chain
- Communication Foundations
- Dialogue and Engagement
- Best Practices
ANALYTICAL FOUNDATIONS (AFTER LUNCH 2PM - 4PM WITH BREAK)
- Why customer data often aligns with loyalty readiness
- Competitive intelligence and loyalty scans
- Practical techniques for segmentation
- Value, attrition and potential modeling
- Seven core elements of an effective program design and the role of data in defining each
- Testing methods and program refreshment
- Exercise - Data definitions from the case study
LOYALTY MARKETING COMPETENCIES (4PM - 5PM)
- 6 competencies required for loyalty success
- In source vs. outsource
- Exercise - How to evaluate yourself or your service provider
DAY 2 - TURNING STRATEGY INTO ACTION
OPERATIONAL AND TECHNICAL ISSUES (9 - 10AM)
- Does my strategy drive operations and technology?
- Technical requirements and alternatives
- The rules engine
- How to evaluate "total cost of ownership"
- Operational considerations
- Exercise - How would you run the case study program?
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF REWARDS (10AM - 12 WITH BREAK)
- Why perceived value is more important than reward cost
- Matching reward choices to segments
- The concept of earning velocity
- Recognition vs. reward
- Exercise - Design the rewards catalog for the case study
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND RETURN ON INVESTMENT (AFTER LUNCH 130PM - 3PM)
- The finance of loyalty marketing
- Lift vs. retention - benchmarks for analysis
- Financial analysis before design - A how to approach using case study materials
- ROI Modeling - A how to approach using case study materials
TRENDS AND FUTURE PREDICTIONS (3PM - 4PM WITH BREAK)
- What's happening around the globe and why?
THE CASE STUDY WRAP-UP (4PM - 5PM)
- What really happened?
- Compare to the strategic design you developed during the workshop
Who Should Attend
This program is uniquely designed and will be of benefit to Directors, CEO's, Senior Managers and Managers of:
- Customer Retention & Loyalty
- Customer Relations/Satisfaction/Market Research
- Relationship Marketing
- Strategic Planning
- Database Marketing
- Business Development
Agency Client Executives and Account Managers in the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Consumer products
Whether you have an existing program and are looking to evaluate or refresh its design, or you are thinking about a program for the first time, this is the one workshop which can help you the most!
Capitalise on the expertise of a renowned authority on best customer marketing to gain an in-depth understanding of these vital issues:
- Evaluate: if loyalty marketing is the right thing to do for your customers and your company
- Compare: the structural models and strategic designs prevalent in the loyalty industry to determine which approach is best for you and why
- Learn: the practical and proven approaches to customer segmentation that drive best practices in loyalty design
- Understand: the relevant factors which help assess the strengths and weaknesses of loyalty service providers and your internal marketing support teams
- Align: the operational, technical, communications and rewards components required in all loyalty programs with the strategic and analytical foundation of the program design
- Develop: a suite of best practices and associated tools to help you sort through the many choices you must consider building a new program or enhance an existing program.
- Master: the skills required to expertly model the probable financial return on investment associated with any loyalty initiative
- Uncover: the future trends, which will most likely impact the loyalty industry in the years ahead.
- Start down the path to professional certification!
It takes 15 study units to become a Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional.
All attendees of this workshop will receive credit for 10 units towards your CLMP.
About Your Facilitator
Mr. Capizzi is a Partner in the global Customer Strategy Network and serves as the Dean of the Loyalty Academy. He is the most accomplished educational professional in the loyalty industry - over 1,000 students, in more than 10 countries, in-person and on-line, author, speaker, thought leader plus a member of the adjunct faculty in Marketing at five different US universities. He is an original faculty member of the Oxford University (UK) Loyalty Marketing Workshop for professionals. He has on-the-ground experience working in both Australia and New Zealand and he continues to operate a global loyalty marketing consulting practice at Marketing Strategists LLC.
Mr. Capizzi holds a BBA Marketing from the University of Cincinnati and an MA, Media from New York University.
About The Loyalty AcademyThe Loyalty Academy offers the world's first formalised educational and training curriculum for customer loyalty professionals and marketers of all stripes. Whether you're just joining a loyalty team for the first time and need a solid education in customer loyalty theory and practice, or whether you're a seasoned professional looking to refresh your skills, the Loyalty Academy can help. We offer loyalty education by loyalty marketers, for loyalty marketers.
The Loyalty Academy, a product of the Wise Marketer Group, is the premiere global education and membership organisation for loyalty marketing practitioners. The Loyalty Academy offers certification for loyalty marketing professionals via online, in-person, and customized in-house educational workshops and seminars. The Loyalty Academy also offers membership options that provide free access to loyalty marketing publications and tools, discounted tuition fees, and discounted registration to the annual Loyalty Academy conference in the US.
The Loyalty Academy offers a full professional education program for marketers that culminates in the distinction of becoming a Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional (CLMP™) upon successful completion of the requirements. Certification bestows upon the recipient the right to use the letters CLMP next to the individual's name, the recipient inclusion in the annual alumni listing, and a framed diploma. Certification requires the completion of 15 units of study from the CLMP coursework over a period not to exceed 3 years. Go to the Loyalty Academy to register for futures courses to earn the additional 5 units to complete your CLMP accreditation.